This one is quickly becoming a Sunday night staple. It’s crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, super easy to prepare, and delicious!
- 5-6 Lb Chicken
- 1 Lemon
- 4 Cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1 Tbs Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tbs Lemon Pepper
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash chicken with cold water and pat dry (inside and out) with a paper towel.
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze juice over chicken, pat dry with paper towel again.
- Rub olive oil into the skin of the chicken.
- Season with kosher salt and lemon pepper.
- Shove the two halves of the lemon and the 4 garlic cloves into the chicken’s butt.
- Put on broiler pan, tie legs closed, and shove into the preheated oven for about 90 minutes
I usually serve this with rice and a salad. The leftovers are perfect for any kind of chicken casserole, chicken salad, quesadillas, wraps, etc.