This is one of my all time favorite recipes. The first time that I had it, I was at some diner in Edison. It had never occurred to me to prepare artichokes this way (despite them being one of my favorite vegetables) and i can honestly say that that this dish is nothing short of amazing!
- 1 can of artichoke hearts (quartered) drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (i use Pinot Grigio)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbs butter
- a pinch of flour
- In a saute pan, add the wine, chicken stock, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Roll the butter in flour so that it’s stuck to all sides and add to the pan until dissolved.
- Add the artichoke hearts to the pan and stir occasionally until heated throughout. (about 2 minutes).
- Serve the artichoke quarters with a heaping spoonful of the sauce.