Whenever I have to cook for a crowd, I make this dish. I know it’s good because no matter how much I make, there’s never any leftovers. Oh, and I always get requests for the recipe!
- 1 lb pasta (I use rotini)
- 1 small package of velveeta cheese (8 oz) cut into 1″ squares
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1/4 stick butter melted (30 secs in the microwave will work)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- Boil pasta per package instructions, drain, set aside.
- In the pan that you just cooked the pasta in, add the milk and 3/4 of the stick of butter. Heat on medium.
- When the butter has melted, add the velveeta a handful at a time, stirring frequently, until completely melted.
- Add 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar (keep stirring) until melted.
- Add 3/4 cup of mozzarella (keep stirring) until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pasta until it’s all coated with cheese.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, bread crumbs, and drizzle the melted butter on top.
- Bake at 350 (uncovered) for 30 minutes. If you want the top extra crispy, broil for 5 minutes afterwards.