This is super easy, and since St. Patrick’s Day will be here eventually, I figured I’d jot down my SUPER easy version of this dish. It’s one of my favorite things to make because I can get it put together while Peanut is napping, and it’s ready to eat at dinner time. It requires very little attention in between.
- 1 Package of Nathan’s Corned Beef Brisket with spice pack
- 1 small/medium head of green cabbage, quartered
- 6 small white potatoes, peeled
- Put the corned beef brisket and contents of spice packet in a dutch oven and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Wait 2 hours.
- Add the cabbage and potatoes to the pot. Cover and cook for another hour. Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Skim any fat from the top of the water. Remove the Corned Beef and slice it thinly accross the grain.
- Serve slices of the corned beef with some potatoes and a chunk of the cabbage.