String beans are one of the ONLY vegetables that my husband will eat. He loves when I make them this way, and it’s VERY fast.
- 1/2 lb fresh string beans, rinsed, ends removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water to a boil.
- Add string beans to boiling water (i use tongs)
- Boil on med/high for 10-15 minutes until cooked to desired tenderness (i like ’em crispy)
- Drain string beans and set aside
- Add olive oil and garlic to pan and return to heat. Stir frequently until fragrant (about 2 minutes)
- Return string beans to pan, toss to coat, and add salt & pepper to taste.