- 1 Lb Meatloaf Mix or Ground Beef
- 3 Pieces of white bread
- 2 Eggs
- 2 & 1/4 Cup Milk, Divided
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Package Powder Brown Gravy Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Tear the bread into quarters and put in a large mixing bowl
- Add 1/4 Cup of milk and let sit for 2 minutes
- Squeeze the excess milk out of the bread and return to the (drained) bowl
- Add the eggs, salt, pepper, nutmeg and mix well
- Add the meat to the bowl and mix until blended
- Form into meatballs about 1 inch thick and place in a baking dish
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees, turning occasionally
- In a bowl, add the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, powder gravy mix, and 2 cups of milk – Mix well.
- Pour the gravy over the meatballs and return to the oven for another 40 minutes.
I always serve this over white rice or buttered egg noodles. The leftover meatballs and sauce can be frozen for another (lazier) night.