When I was a child, my parents sent me to a sleep away camp in PA for a month every summer. One of my fondest memories from there is eating corn fritters for lunch. I absolutely adore these things. So, here’s my (fast and cheap) version…
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp curry powder (i use madras)
- 2 tbs self rising flour
- 1tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil for frying
- sweet chilli sauce (dip)
- Mix everything but the vegetable oil and chili sauce in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for an hour.
- Add 4 tbs veg oil to a frying pan and heat on medium.
- drop tablespoons of the mixture into the pan (don’t crowd) and cook for 3 minutes on each side (till golden brown).
- Serve with a little bowl of sweet chilli sauce for dipping