This makes about 24 mini quesadillas … and there are NEVER any leftover!
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 chopped jalapeno peppers (the jarred ones that come in a brine)
- 1/2 cup green olives stuffed with pimentos, sliced
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro leaves
- 5 (6 inch) tortillas (i like mission’s restaurant style best)
- 1/2 cup grated mild cheddar
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- Add 2 tbs olive to a frying pan and heat to med/high
- When the oil is hot, add the cumin, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the ground pork and cook over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chillies and olives, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool down for 10 minutes
- Cut each tortilla in half
- Fold each half in half
- Mix the cheeses together
- put one tbs of the meat and one tbs of the cheese in each tortilla half, fold over the flap, and press down firmly
- Add 1 tbs olive oil to a saute pan and spread it around. Heat on medium and, when it’s hot, add the quesadillas in batches and fry (about 4 minutes per side) until the tortillas are golden on both sides (adding olive oil as needed)
I usually serve this with sour cream, but once in a while i drizzle them with a balsamic reduction and it’s incredible!