This is one of the finger foods that i always put out when we’re entertaining. The recipe is adapted from Perfect Party Food. It’s not for everyone, but the olive lovers will gobble them down handfuls at a time. Well, at least my husband and our friends do! I especially like making this for parties because it can be made several hours ahead of time … leaving me more time to play with my baby.
- 3/4 lb fresh cheese tortellini
- 6 oz jar of green olives stuffed with pimentos
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (you can sub white wine vinegar if needed)
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Add tortellini and cook for one minute. Drain and let cool.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic. Taste & adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Skewer one tortellini and one olive onto each toothpick & put in a shallow dish.
- Pour the dressing over the tortellini & olives and turn so they’re all coated.
- When it’s time to serve, just put the skewers on a serving plate and pour the dressing that’s at the bottom of the dish to remarinate and sprinkle with the chives.
(Serve at room temperature)