I am going to make this on Monday night when my husband has his friends over to watch wrestling. I got a great deal on canned crab meat at the can can sale. It’s a great recipe and goes really well with baked tortilla chips! I found the original recipe in Finger Food, but adapted it to my own tastes.
- 11 oz can crab meat, drained
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbs chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Melt 2 tbs butter in a sauce pan and saute garlic for 2 minutes
- Add the mustard powder, cayenne pepper, and whipping cream.
- Bring to a simmer, and slowly add in the cream cheese while stirring, a little bit at a time.
- Next add the cheddar and allow to cook for about 2 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add the crab meat, lemon juice, and worcestershire sauce.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper, mix, and transfer to a small baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small sauce pan, add the breadcrumbs and chopped parsley, and stir until combined.
- Sprinkle over the crab dip and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Makes 2.5 delicious cups of dip.