This is another cut of meat that always seems to be on sale (especially at stop & shop). My husband hates pork chops with a passion no matter how they’re prepared – but he just LOVES when i make lamb chops.
On the side I served mashed potatoes (leftover from the night before), carrots tossed in a little butter and brown sugar, asparogas (i had a few spears in the fridge that were not going to last much longer, and brussel sprouts (i can’t help myself, i love just them). Oh, and if you look,you’ll notice some hot sauce on the side…. well, because I’m weird and i like everything spicy. It was AMAZING!
- 2 Lbs Shoulder Lamb Chops
- 1/4 cup duck sauce (or 6 packets from a chinese restaurant)
- 2 tbs worcesterchire sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Season pork chops with worcesterchire, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove from oven and brush both sides of each chop with duck sauce.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes
- Remove & Serve
- Drizzle pan juices over any veggies you may be serving on the side.
One of my favorite things about this recipe (other than the taste) is that it breathes new life into the leftover duck sauce packets we always end up with after ordering chinese food. I hate wasting stuff!