Please forgive the lack of updates. We moved, remodeled, and then made a baby. Life is crazy!
Come February, I will be cooking with a toddler and a newborn. Now THAT should make for some interestingly FAST recipes. 😉
Lately I have been craving pretty much anything that involves goat cheese, but this recipe is by far my favorite. I’d eat it every day of the week if I could. It’s SO good.
- 1/2 Box Rigatoni
- 1 Lb Italian Sausage
- 2 bullion cubes (chicken or veggie flavor)
- 1 small jar artichoke hearts, quartered & drained
- 1 Bag spinach (washed & stems removed)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp dried chives
- olive oil, salt, pepper
- 4-6 oz Goat Cheese (the soft kind in the log – not pre crumbled!)
- Cook the pasta in water (per package directions) with the bullion cubes.
- Cook the sausage (in a pan or grill), slice into 1/2 inch rounds, and set aside.
- In a small frying pan, add olive oil and garlic. Saute for a minute until fragrant. DO NOT BROWN.
- Add a few tablespoons of the broth that the pasta is cooking in. Then, in handfuls, add the spinach.
- When the spinach is nice and soft, add the artichokes. Stir until warmed through.
- Finally, Add in the chives & goat cheese. Stir until cheese soft. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss the pasta, goat cheese mixture & sausage together. Add the reserved broth a little at a time until you get the consistency you like. Serve with some parmesan to sprinkle on top.
I just serve this with a simple salad. It’s amazing.