Technically London Broil is made with flank steak but the majority of the time I see something labeled “London Broil” at the grocery store it’s actually Top Round. This cut can be made the same way and is usually a lot less expensive. This time of year a lot of grocery stores sell 2 packs (buy one get one free deals) and I never pass those up.
This recipe is a staple at our house. I love the leftovers over a salad or or in a sandwich the next day or two. It’s a stupid easy way to prepare this and it’s impossible to mess up.
- 2 Lb Top Round (or flank steak)
- 1 Container Italian Dressing (whatever your favorite is)
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
- Poke the meat all over with a fork. everywhere. A million times. On both sides.
- Put it in a big ziplock bag and pour the italian dressing in there. Let it marinate in the fridge for as long as you like. (4 hours minimum, 2 days max)
- Preheat your grill or broiler. Let it get really hot by preheating for 30 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and season with salt & pepper.
- Put on a broiler pan and broil (or cook on the grill) for 10 minutes per side for medium. (8 minutes for medium rare, if you prefer).
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and then slice it across the grain in very thin slices & Serve!
I love serving this with bread and an “easy greek salad” (spring mix, red onion, cucumber, and tomato tossed with italian dressing & topped with feta), personally… but any of your favorite sides will work!
p.s. Sorry for the lack of upadates over the last few months. Our newest addition, Cameron Rose, joined us on 2/15/09! While I’ve done a whole lot of cooking with Joshua and Cami, I didn’t really have time to post. Hopefully that’s about to change! 😉