I have been finding ground chicken breast on sale all over the place lately, so I decided to give it a whirl. I started by making ground chicken tacos the other night (using premade taco mix, chopped onions, and tomatos) and it turned out perfectly. After that, I was sold and I decided to try to incorporate ground chicken into our meat rotation.
These Buffalo chicken burgers turned out wonderfully and we will definitely make them again soon!
This recipe makes two BIG buffalo chicken burgers. You can double or triple this recipe easily, of course!
- 1 Lb Ground Chicken
- 2 slices provolone
- kosher salt & black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 tbs franks red hot sauce (or more, to taste)
- 3 tbs butter
- Marie’s yogurt blue cheese dressing (or your favorite blue cheese dressing)
- Divide the ground chicken into 4 parts and make four 1/4 inch thick chicken patties.
- Break the provolone into pieces and place in the center of two of the patties, making sure that it does not touch the edges.
- Place the other patties on top of the cheese covered ones and seal the edges.
- Brush with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Grill or broil for 6 minutes per side, until juices are clear and the cheese is melted.
- While you’re grilling them, microwave the butter, in a bown big enough to fit the patties, until it’s melted. stir in the hot sauce.
- Dip the cooked patties into the sauce, covering both sides.
- Place the buffalo patties on a bed of romaine lettuce that’s been drizzled with blue cheese dressing.
- Serve with extra blue cheese on the side.