I got a package of 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs for $2.59 the other day, so that’s what I used in this recipe. I made it in my slow cooker but you could easily make it stovetop as well.
- 1 to 1.5 lbs boneless / skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of visable fat, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed with cold water
- 1 can condensed campbells cream of celery soup
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbs curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- chili sauce or crushed red pepper flakes – to taste
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Add everything but the chicken to the slow cooker and mix well. Add the chicken and cook over low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Add everything but the chicken to a dutch oven and mix well. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 2 hours.
Sprinkle with cilantro and serve over brown rice.