I made this last night and it came out wonderfully. I had to do some Chanukah shopping, so I needed something that I could prepare during Cami’s nap (11:00) and be ready to wrap up for our 6:00 dinner. It was perfect and the leftovers were even better, so this could easily be made a day in advance.
(The brisket will take 6 hours in the slow cooker on the low setting and will serve at least 4)
- 1 Corned Beef Brisket with seasoning packet
- 5 red potatoes, scrubbed, left whole / skin on
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Place the corned beef, potatoes, and seasing mix in the slow cooker. Add enough water to cover the roast, cover, and set the temp to low.
- Dice the celery. (You could also add diced onions and carrots too if you like.) Cover and refridgerate.
- Let cook on low for 5 hours. at the 5 hour mark, remove the potatoes and leave the corned beef to continue cooking. the potatoes will be fork tender.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, dice them up and put them in a large mixing bowl. Add the celery.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the mayo, vinegar, and onion salt. Toss the potatoes and celery until coated. Sprinkle with paprika and set aside. They’re all done!
- At the 6 hour mark, remove the corned beef brisket from the slow cooker. let it rest for about 20 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain. Serve with the potato salad.
I also served this with rye bread, good deli mustard, and pickles. It was so yummy!