That being said, after taking a bite of my version, i snapped a quick photo with my phone because IT WAS DELICIOUS! Definitely a once in a while treat, but certainly MUCH more healthy and tasty than KFC’s version. I served these with a simple caprese salad and it was an amazing meal.
- 1 LB thinly sliced (scallopine) chicken breast
- 1 cup italian bread crumbs mixed with 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 4 slices provolone
- 2 tbs olive oil + 1 tbs butter
- Preheat your oven to 300.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Rinse the chicken breasts with cold water and press them firmly into the breadcrumb/garlic salt mixture.
- When the oil is hot, saute the chicken breasts over med/high heat until golden and crispy, flipping once.
- place a slice of provolone between two cooked chicken pieces and place directly on the rack in your oven. they can stay there until all of your batches are complete. just make sure to leave them in there long enough for the cheese on your last “double down” to melt.
The end. They really were tasty!